We are driving a revolution in digital marketing – an industry that continues to tap the latest technologies to push forward. The next 5 years will yield unprecedented growth in how marketers design, build, manage and monetize real-time, content-rich, interactions between their respective brands and their target audiences. The contributing and resulting suite of tools, processes and systems will provide you with sought-after experience and skills for years to come.
A boutique software engineering firm based in NYC, is looking for a talented and passionate Senior Java Developer. With a culture of engineering excellence, we are dedicated to not only writing fast and stable code, and delivering the best service to our clients, we are also dedicated to you. Our clients’ successes depend on you being your best. We want to help you grow, to help you meet your needs, both personally and professionally, to give you the training you desire, and to provide you with the best tools available. We see this as a win-win.
In addition to the typical benefits, we think you’ll enjoy:
- Spot bonuses, rewards and other company incentives
- Code reviews, training, & conferences
- Free snacks and unlimited soft-drinks
- Launch Day Scotch… and we launch often
- Breakfast Fridays… every Friday
- Herman Miller chairs… need we say more?
We promise that you and your skills will stay current as we partner with innovative clients. Your contributions will be recognized and rewarded. We will challenge you and expect you will remain fulfilled.
As Senior Java Developer you will work with account teams to create interactive solutions for our clients. You will build, test, debug, and troubleshoot programs and scripts for various functions, and modify existing code to add new features. You will be able to hit the ground running and hit the whiteboard with ideas on your first day!
- Design and develop rapid prototyping across different architectural layers, i.e., database, application server, workflow, messaging and event management, and user interface
- Interact with subject matter experts to understand business requirements, and design applications accordingly
- Participate in preparing requirements and specifications
- Minimum 5 years of experience in web application development and architecture, using Java and related technologies for new feature development
- In-depth experience with Java (J2EE/J2SE) and related technologies: Spring Framework, Hibernate, & JUnit
- Solid understanding of OOP and relational databases for implementing database-driven, web-based applications
- Solid understanding of data structures and design patterns
- Strong hands-on knowledge of XML/XSL
- Excellent (fluent) English written and verbal communication skills is required
- Strong problem-solving abilities and an aptitude for learning new technologies
- Must possess interpersonal, group discussion, decision making, conflict resolution, and facilitation skills
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Engineering with strong mathematical and reasoning skills is required (top university is strongly preferred)
Additional consideration given for:
- Public portfolio: github, gitorious, launchpad, bitbucket, sourceforge, googlecode, etc.
- Exposure to agile/lean development methods
- Experience with Content Management Systems (CMS) is a strong plus (ex. Autonomy Teamsite/Livesite)
NO 3rd Party agency resumes please.